Friday, June 22, 2012

Support part 3

I have talked about this before, I know, but I really feel it's important.

My husband has always been very supportive of my jewelry / metal smithing endeavors.  In the beginning, he was supportive both financially and emotionally.  Now that the business is self-sustaining, he is supportive emotionally.  Once, the morning of a show I came down with the flu.  I was violently ill and could absolutely not go and man my booth.  My wonderful husband, went for me! He stood at my booth all day and talked to people about jewelry while I stayed home with our son and rested and got over the bug.  Let me tell you, he doesn't know a lot about the technical aspect of what I do but he held his own and made great sales that day.  If that's not support, I don't know what is. 

My family, like my parents and sister, were a little skeptical at first.  I think they saw it as a glorified hobby.   I don't think they ever saw me making a successful business out of it.  Once they saw my set-up and heard me talk about the different shows I was getting into, they began to take it a little more seriously.  Now, for Christmas and my birthday, I get metal smithing tools. 

The most important part of my support system is my husband.  His mantra is if it makes me happy, life is good.  He has been there since the beginning and will support me in whichever direction I choose to go.  This is beyond invaluable! I attribute a part of my success to him, because without him, I wouldn't have had the courage and confidence to go forward and grow my business and skill set. 



No comments:

Post a Comment