Thursday, June 14, 2012

Support part 1

The next few posts will be about the people I have surrounded myself with and the professional groups I belong to. 

I am a firm believer in surrounding yourself with good people who want the best for you.  In return you have to be a good person and want the best for the people around you.  In my quest to create this surrounding for myself, I have found some great groups that I belong to. 

One of these groups is the Raleigh Mompreneurs (a Facebook group).  This is a group of local women who all own their own businesses.  Cary, the founder of the group, is very welcoming and fosters an atmosphere of support and positivity.  At the monthly meet ups, we meet at a location and usually just socialize.  The great thing about just socializing is that we all start talking about work.  Just like when you get a bunch of teachers together, they talk about their students.  Making these connections have been invaluable to me.  They are re energizing and inspiring.  I always walk away with a renewed energy, great guidance, and some great ideas for my business.  

I encourage anyone who feels daunted, isolated or just in a slump, to find a group like the Raleigh Mompreneurs that is supportive and positive.  

The Mompreneurs at the June Meet Up

No comments:

Post a Comment