Monday, July 2, 2012

Haters Need Not Apply

Whatever your endeavor, there will always be haters.  Mostly because they are jealous of your tenacity to follow your dreams, some because they don't have your skill and still some because you are the competition.  Whoever they are, and whatever their reasons, they have no room in your dream. 

I am fairly new to the handmade jewelry trade and have already come across my fair share of haters.  When they reveal themselves as such, I gently ignore their negativity and go along my own way.  I have also found that there are far many more supporters out there.   People who are willing to answer your questions and help you along in your journey. 

Sometimes, the people who reveal themselves as haters, are not easy to ignore.  A good friend or a family member may turn out to be a hater.  In that case, you need to gently tell your hater that you do not need negativity in your life right now and if they are not going to be supportive, please don't speak about your dream. 

I notice that I have used the word gently more than once.  I say this because it is very easy to deal with negativity harshly.  But take into account that they dealt with your dreams harshly, the virtuous thing to do is to consider their feelings and deal with them gently. 

Regardless of what others have to say about you, you are following your dream and fulfilling your vision.  This in and of itself is admirable.  Don't let the haters get you down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment