Monday, July 9, 2012

Bezel Class

So on Friday, I went to my favorite little craft store, Ornamentea, and got some inexpensive stones to practice my bezel setting.  This is because I have struggled with a piece that uses a bezel and I needed some help.  I was willing to practice on my own and figure it out, but to my advantage, Ndidi was teaching a bezel setting metals boot camp on Saturday.  I took it as a sign from the universe that I needed to be in this class, so I quickly signed up and looked forward to solving my bezel setting issues.

Ndidi is a phenomenal teacher! We had various skill levels in our class and she gladly accommodated all of them.  The morning was focused on sawing out and finishing the back plates of the pieces.   Then in the afternoon, we conquered the bezel! I learned a bunch of new tricks and tips that made me feel confident in what I had learned.  I have said before that the sign of a good class is one that you walk out of feeling like you could do it at home by yourself, this was one of those classes.  I highly recommend Ornamentea's classes to anyone learning any new jewelry skill.

I got to practice a lot of bezel setting, which was exactly my goal!

No comments:

Post a Comment