Friday, March 8, 2013

New Studio

This winter we embarked on the journey of buying a new home.  We were very happy with our purchase and delighted to get into our new space.  I was particularly excited about the basement space that would become my studio.  Though it still looks a bit rough, it is now workable and is up and running.  Here is the progression.


In the beginning. . . .

 All the boxes that need to be unpacked and organized into my new space.  Also, my little apprentice is always willing to help.
 Here is the new professional jeweler's bench I purchased in January.
 If you recall, I had this large work table in the old house.  We deconstructed it and then put it up again in the new house.
 There is a closet but with minimal storage and we will be getting rid of it in renovation. 
  Here is the view from my window into the back yard. 


A couple weeks later. . . .
 My jeweler's bench was functional but not completely organized yet.
The table was being utilized but wait, it gets better. 



Currently. . . . 

I have added a torching station for soldering and fusing near a window for ventilation. 
 The jeweler's bench has proven to be very useful.  It's a perfect place for sawing, wrapping and planning out pieces.
 The closet is used for minimal storage and stays closed too keep things out of reach from little hands
The work table is now completely organized with enameling kiln up and running. 
And my little apprentice is always willing to lend a hand (or hammer). 


I hope you have enjoyed a sneak peek.  We are planning on finishing out the basement and revamping the studio.  So unfortunately, that means packing it up and taking another break.  However, I will be working until they begin construction.  Keep Creating


No comments:

Post a Comment