Tuesday, August 14, 2012

On the Bench

I am getting very excited for the holiday season! Most of my applications have been filled out and sent in and I have some new designs to feature at these upcoming shows.  Here are some of the things I have been working on.


These first two pictures are new necklace designs to match already existing earrings.  I am making an effort to challenge myself lately.  Soldering jump rings may not sound like a big deal but when they're 24guage and the solder is teensy, it was. 
This is a new necklace design to match the forged circle earrings.
This designs matches the forged teardrop earrings.  This one is a work in progress, I'm not totally digging the huge tear compared to the others. 
 The next few pictures are a new feature necklace I am working on and may submit to Saul Bell (we'll see, it's a big scary).  The concept is circles, each and every part of the design is circular, not a strait line to be found.  

Here is the silver disk to be enameled, I have already bent the wires to form the design.  As I said, I am challenging myself, those circles are tricky business. 
This is after the first firing, I wasn't really happy with the colors, so I changed them up.  It actually turned out really good :)
This is after I tweeked the colors.  I like the way it turned out.  Now it needs to be bezel set and put on its necklace.   I'll post pics when it's done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment